Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New and exciting things

Lots going on since I last wrote. I have been continuing to do housesitting since I got back to the Bay area and have been in beautiful friend's homes in Mill Valley, and Tiburon and next up is San Rafael.

I celebrated my 47th birthday on Saturday with lovely friends and with being outdoors. I slept late, then went for a long walk in Fairfax and to a small music festival there. I bought a lovely new blouse to wear to my party, which was held at the Sausalito Cruising Club. (I'm working there part time, bar tending and doing some marketing and event work for them). Its a great old barge on the water in Sausalito and has a good vibe. About 14 friends came and we had dinner and chocolate cake and margaritas and danced until midnight or so. Everyone was so kind and generous and fun. I am very blessed with dear friends in my life. 

I have decided to make a trip to Haiti with a group of compassionate women from the Bay area. We are all connected through our yoga practice with our lovely teacher, Lisa. Lisa has organized this trip and we will spend 10 days helping out at two orphanages in a tent city in Jacmel. I feel really good about this trip and look forward to doing all I can. We will be focusing on children and the thought of playing with them, sharing stories and games with them and bringing lots of love is overwhelming to me and makes me feel good. I want to bring a little joy where I can. I feel like it's a responsibility in my life. 

Haiti is still very much in need of help after the huge earthquake a year ago, but have been forgotten in the media, and therefore in the minds of most of us. I will be so interested to experience what it's like there and get to know the people. 

I was contacted by a friend of mine and asked if I would be interested in working with a Global Film Festival that will take place in Bali next year. Sounds pretty great to me. I spoke with the founder by phone and will meet with her and others on the team tomorrow. I'm very interested in working with them and hope it works out. I feel good about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment