Sunday, August 23, 2009

The tough stuff

For some reason my exit/entry into my new life is very turbulent. I am moving out of my apartment and am confronted with an absolutely crazy landlady. She sends me wacky emails telling me that I can't use the driveway on the 3 days before my move, she padlocked the gate so I couldn't move my things, she told me in an email that I am a trickster must be very jealous of her. What??

She's about 64, lives alone and makes bizarre art in mosaic tile all around the outside and inside of the house. She's making things incredibly hard for me. I feel very unsettled and unsafe in my apartment, which is the downstairs part of her house. I have 7 more days here before launching into something new. I am in the process of putting everything I own into storage and being a vagabond for the next several months. Strange days indeed.

I have moved most of my things out today and have a pad on the floor in front of my tv which provides some noise and comfort. All that is left is two suitcases, my computer, tv and a few things in the fridge. There is mold on the walls where my furniture was. That could explain a few things.

Things with my boyfriend are very "off" as well. I think he's sad and uncomfortable about my new life but won't talk about it.

I'm not sure what my lesson is in all of this but what comes to mind is that I really need to stand up for myself.

I pray for strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment