Saturday, August 29, 2009

Kolkata, India



I have made plans with a dear friend, Urmi Basu to go and spend time in November helping at her school in Kolkata. The Soma Home for Girls. She has asked me to help teach English and yoga to the girls. My heart is filled with such joy at the thought of this. I have always dreamed of sharing my love of yoga with others and being able to show the movements that make me feel so good and so connected with my body. I think it will be much easier to teach young people who don't have certain expectations of themselves and can just let it flow. But it's also a whole different culture and I don't have any idea what to expect. I'll just go with flow myself. Urmi is also starting a program to teach the girls how to make quilts using recycled saris. It all sounds so fantastic to me and I can't wait to immerse myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment