Sunday, April 4, 2010

Salt Lake, Las Vegas, Park City, Orem

I've had a lot of fun travel this week. Went to Las Vegas with my friend Amber, who was going on a business trip and she let me tag along. It was really nice to spend some good, low-key time with her. We were laughing about how we used to go to Vegas and party non stop for 4 days and now we'd rather be in comfy clothes and order room service. Times change, and that is definitely ok. We have known each other for 20 years now and have had some amazing adventures together. Amber had a nice room, car and other perks from her company so it was really great for me. We had some wonderful meals, did a little gambling and went to a spa for the most amazing facials ever. Very relaxing, and very healing.

When we got back to Salt Lake, we drove to Park City to go to dinner and celebrate Amber's daughter Devan's birthday. It was fun to see old friends and we had the most amazing meal at the St. Regis, where Devan works as a pastry chef. The hotel is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. It was snowing pretty hard and we all felt cozy and happy inside with nice wine and delicious food. I am very blessed and very lucky. It's hard not to feel guilty when I am in a place like that, knowing how my friends in other parts of the world live. It is beyond extravagant.

After dinner we went to a bar on Main Street in Park City and had some birthday drinks. The same one where I met my first husband in 1990. Weird.

We spent the night at Devan's cute little apartment and talked and laughed and watched movies until the wee hours. Devan had accidentally locked us out and had to crawl through the window in her beautiful birthday dress. It was pretty darn funny.

Back to Orem now and getting things ready for Mom and Dad's return from Arizona. Can't wait to see them in a few days!

Had planned to have Easter brunch with Taylor, Julian and Dylan but Julian is really sick today so they had to cancel. Poor Taylor is so worried about him. I sure hope he gets feeling better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment