Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th, 2010

Happy 70th birthday to my mom on the Fourth of July!

I had an ok fourth of July here in Utah. The Mormon people in Utah don't celebrate on Sunday, since that day is only dedicated to going to church, so there was no fourth of July on the fourth. The celebrating was done on the third. 

My friend Dan was here as he was driving across the country to Massachusetts. It was his first night on the road and it was so good to have him here. We bbq'd some yummy brats and some corn on the grill. We had cold beer with fresh lime and lit off a few fireworks. And we laughed a lot.

Julian loved the fireworks but was a little scared too. He would run away but then come right back to see what would happen next. It was great.

I've been having a great time with Julian. He's growing up so fast and is about to celebrate his 2nd full year of life. He's a beautiful child and I love watching him move through the world. He's so smart and his mind works a thousand miles a minute. We will have a fun birthday party for him on Friday, and will also celebrate mom's birthday when she and my dad get here from Wyoming. It'll be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment