Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day

I had a very fun labor day weekend that was full of surprises. Some great and some not so great. But that's the way life is and it seems that there are twists and hairpin turns on the road sometimes. It's in the learning what to do with those changes and bumps that's important (for me).

I went to a nice event at the DeYoung Museum with friends on Friday night. Live music, short films, henna tattoos and a special exhibit of Impressionist Paintings from the Musee D'Orsay. I was lucky enough to see these paintings on a trip to Paris a few years ago and they are still breathtaking. 

Saturday I rested up and worked at the Cruising Club at night. It was Girls Night (aka lesbian night) and it was a lot of fun. The ladies were great, all had a good time and most importantly were excellent tippers :)

Sunday was a lazy day spent on a sailboat, behind the main stage of the Sausalito Art Festival. I got to hear one of my favorite bands from the 80's, The Tubes as well as Dave Mason perform. It was a great perspective so nice to be on the water. I have found a new fascination with being on a boat and hope to do it more often. 

On Monday I listened to some excellent blues at the Marin City Blues Festival with many friends. Sugarpie Desanto and Pete Escovedo were the highlights. We all danced, ate good food and enjoyed the sunshine.

Now it's back to work for a short week before my friend Amber comes to town. Better get rested up for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment