Friday, September 3, 2010

September

Wow, here it is September already. 

It's now officially been one year since I packed everything up and have been living out of a suitcase. Last September I put everything in storage and lived for a month at my dear friend Sabrina's before leaving on my travels to Asia. I would have never predicted that a year later I would still be in travel mode, but I have had absolutely no desire to settle down and to get a place of my own. I feel nervous to sign a lease again after the disaster of my last apartment experience.  There is still more I need to do before I settle in somewhere. It looks as if I may be spending several months in Bali and I'm so looking forward to that. I feel like Bali is such a spiritual place and there is definitely something there for me. It so interesting how this opportunity presented itself to me. I had not heard anything about this job or this film festival before the job was offered. It feels very much meant to be.

I am still housesitting in Marin and it's all going well. I have been at a nice quiet place in the Peacock Gap area of San Rafael taking care of a huge yard of plants and trees and one little kitty. It has allowed me to get a lot of work done and to explore this beautiful area that is near the water at Point San Pedro. 

I'm looking forward to the holiday weekend and all that's going on here. I'll go with friends to the Sausalito Art Festival and the Marin City Blues Festival this weekend. Lots of great music and art to be had. 

I've been working at the Sausalito Cruising Club a few times a month and enjoy it there. The people who come there are all of a gypsy spirit like me. It reminds me of my days in Wyoming when there was a lot of oil drilling going on and there were free spirited people coming and going with the tide of the oil search. I have been out sailing a few times with friends I've met at the club and I just love it out on the water. There is a peace there and a calmness with nature, even when it's blowing like crazy and the waves are slapping me in the face. 

I have been working hard on the Bali Film Festival and getting ready for my trip to Haiti. I have a slight uneasiness about the travel to Haiti and hope I can get comfortable with it before I go. I think it's mostly because I haven't focused on it enough yet. But I have so much support from my friends for the trip and I'm sure it will be an amazing experience. 

My life is happy and blessed and I continue to be grateful every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment