Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Yoga training day nine

I am loving this practice and feel so much better each day. Physically and emotionally. My head feels clear and I am an open vessel receiving the most amazing blessings. I am learning many new things about myself and the way I see the world. I feel like this is a very intense time of transformation as I continue on my life's journey.

Chanting in the morning is a beautiful way to get centered and grounded and clean things out. And it sounds so lovely. Each time we practice yoga, it gets deeper and deeper into my soul. This is not the yoga that I have been doing in California and Utah for the last 15 years at all. This is ancient, original practice that was started many thousands of years ago in India. The yogis knew all of these things about our bodies back then. I have come to understand more that real yoga is 95% lifestyle and 5% physical practice. And it is so much about the breath. I am learning new ways to breathe and use the breath inside my body.

As my body gets more conditioned, I find that I don't need as much food as I thought I did. And I crave healthy, natural foods. Well most of the time. As I sit here in the cafe with my computer I am enjoying a delicious chocolate chip cookie with my tea.  Some things may never change.

I am getting used to getting up at 5 am each day. Most days I look forward to my meditative motorbike ride to the studio in the dark. Except when it rains.

I haven't really seen anyone outside of my yoga group and my room mate for the last 10 days, which is different for me. I usually enjoy a pretty active social life, but all that has changed for now. And that feels alright. 

Our days are spent doing about three hours of practice in the morning that includes chanting, meditation, prayers, puja and yoga. In the afternoon we have another class on yoga poses, or dance or voice lessons. It's really wonderful and diverse. I feel like I'm getting such a well rounded experience. 

It's about 8 pm now. Just enough time to go home, have a shower and go to bed. Such is the life of a yogi in training.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment