Thursday, March 17, 2011

Yoga training day 12

I had a very hard time getting out of bed today. I didn't want to go to yoga this morning, but when I got up and got moving at my usual 5 am, things got better and I started to look forward to it as I do most mornings now.

Yesterday was hard. During our morning practice my bag got knocked into the water trough/moat that surrounds our open air yoga space. Everything was soaked. My favorite red leather purse, money, passport, cell phone, iPhone, vitamins, business cards, credit cards. It really rocked my world and made me feel so unsettled. I fished everything out of the water and spread it all out on the floor to dry. I had all the cash to pay my rent, so there were many bills on the floor along with everything of importance that I have with me. It was a very strange thing to see it all in front of me.

I realize there are much more important things happening in our world but this seemed like a major catastrophe for me personally. Perhaps the lesson is to not put so much importance on material things. But I have certainly been practicing this for the last 1.5 years as I have lived out of one suitcase and not had a home of my own in all that time......

We have been learning about Ayurveda medicine the last few days in class. It's fascinating. We have everything we need to know to heal our bodies through this practice. Bali is full of herbs and plants for every ailment. It would be so great if the western world could get back to this way of thinking instead of pouring the billions that we do into the drug companies. I did it myself for a very long time. I had good insurance and happily took everything that my doctor prescribed until I had a cabinet full of pills for anything I might come down with. I'm grateful to learn new ways of taking care of myself and others.
Kiyo and Sky

Sky, my yoga guru

Me at Tamapksering, the water temple

Our yoga group at the Water Temple

Harriett and Me

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your kerplop. Did your phone dry out yet? K dropped his in the toilet (twice) and we fixed it by pulling out the sim card a gently blowing it with the hair dryer on the low/cool setting.

    You look beautiful and happy. Love you.

    ReplyDelete