Sunday, March 20, 2011

My free day

I had a lovely day of rest from yoga training on Saturday. Wendy and I went to the organic farmer's market and picked up some wonderful food. We had lunch at my friend Ketut's small cafe and then went for a swim at a local hotel. In the afternoon we went with my friend, the wonderful artist Ketut Budiana to a yoga class in Seminyak, about 45 minutes away from Ubud. The class was taught in Indonesian and was wonderful. We practiced in a local park, in front of a gorgeous museum. The large park was full of Indonesians playing with their children and getting wonderful fresh air and exercise. It was so very nice.

I have been teaching Mr. Budiana some English and he teaches me Indonesian. He is a delightful and incredibly talented man. He has been an art teacher at a local university for 30 years and has recently retired. He still has art exhibitions here in Indonesia as well as in Japan and Australia. He is a wonderfully creative soul with a great sense of humor. He was very shy with his English at first but is quickly getting some confidence and loves to play tricks on people. I adore the time I spend with him.




Each day in yoga training seems to get better and better. I look forward to it each morning and have no trouble getting up when the alarm goes off at 4:45. I love having 3 hours of yoga in the morning and more in the afternoon. I am learning so much that I will take with me in my life. I feel as if I am only now getting started. Yoga is the best medicine for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment