Sunday, April 10, 2011

rainy days in Ubud and life after yoga training

I'm writing from a small warung (cafe) and watching the rain pour down again.....

It's been raining hard here the last few days. So hard that the streets are flooding at times. I waited out the storm yesterday at my friend's cafe and then drove through the light rain and water up to my knees at times to get home. I was so happy to be in my warm dry house all evening. I made some delicious food, did some reading and went to sleep early. I have been enjoying cooking so much. Last night I made a dish of vegetables, tofu and noodles in a sauce of coconut oil, ginger, chili, tumeric, sesame seeds and dry coconut. It was oh so divine. I enjoyed each mouthful and was very thankful for it.

My friend Cady from California has been staying with me for a few days, but is now gone for a few days with a friend in the North of Bali. She will return to Ubud and stay for another week.

Yesterday I was talking to my friend Sari and he asked me how things are going at the house. He asked if I felt good there and how my dreams are. I told him that I have had nothing but good feelings and good dreams since being in the house in Laplapan. Last night I had a wonderful dream about my grandma Reba. She and I were never very close and she passed away several years ago. It was a nice dream where she told me she is happy about what I'm doing and that all is well. Sari said that when a relative comes in a dream like that, looking healthy and happy, it means they are about to be reborn into the body of a child born into our family. I'm wondering now if anyone in my family is about to announce a pregnancy :)

He told me that when the current owner first bought the house, no one had lived in it for over 2 years. Sari spent the night there before any work had begun and he says that a beautiful woman dressed all in white came to him while he slept and told him she was sad that no one had been living there and no one had been making offerings to the gods. From that day on, he makes sure that offerings are made on a daily basis by his wife and by another woman in the neighborhood. Every day there are little offering baskets placed around the inside and outside of the home. They contain flowers, candies, rice and incense. They are so beautiful and it makes me feel comfortable and happy when I see them.

It has been one week since I completed my yoga training course. I have been trying to adjust and find my feet again in the "real" world outside of my little group that I spent so much time with in the last month. And I find that it's not easy. You would think that I would be in a state of bliss, filled with patience, gratitude and compassion. I feel that way when I do my morning practice for sure, but when I leave the house, I feel very impatient with other people. I am surprised by this, but I guess it's normal. I have been in an isolated world with like minded people all on the same journey for a month. Other people are in their worlds, doing their thing and it doesn't necessarily mesh with mine at the moment. I am still very much processing all the deep work I've done and it feels important to just stay with it, write a lot and let all the feelings come as they will. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello My dear, What you are feeling right now is quite common and very normal. One always has a downner after an intense process/programme. Just be aware of it and be in the moment. I love to read your blogs, they are so real I mean as if one is there experiencing it with you!!. Take care and be kind to yourself.. downunder!!!!

    ReplyDelete