Friday, November 12, 2010

Bali via Hong Kong

Before I've even had time to process my trip to Haiti, I am off to Bali for work. It feels like a dream.

After a 14 1/2 hour flight, I am here in Hong Kong for a couple of hours waiting for my next 4 1/2 hour flight to Bali.

Man, that was a long time to be in an airplane. I had a middle seat next to a nice man from San Francisco and a nice (smelly) Indian man from Portland. I swear he farted for 14 hours straight. Nearly killed me. There was also an unhappy baby who cried and coughed most of the way. Poor thing.

I am so excited to get to Bali and meet the people I have been working with via email. They will be there to welcome me and get me to my new digs where I can take a shower and a nap. I feel like I am covered in the smell of Indian farts and stuffy airplane. I wonder what it will be like when I get there...I'm sure I have way too many clothes on at this point and will have to shed them as soon as I get there.

I'm sending lots of love to Bruce across the miles. He is in Argentina and suffered a heart attack. I got a note from Dana today who said that although they released him, he had another "episode" this morning and they had to take him back. They are hoping to get him back to the states soon so his care can be more closly monitored. I hope and pray that he will recover fully and get back to doing all the things he loves.

More from Bali!

No comments:

Post a Comment