Friday, November 19, 2010

Random Thoughts about Traveling Alone

I don't ever think about the fact that I'm traveling alone until someone points it out to me. Or if I'm sitting in a touristy restaurant and see people on vacation together, then I remember. It just feels so natural to me and there are really great things about it. 

1) I never have to consult with anyone about plans and am free to flow wherever I will.
2) I don't have to worry about sharing a bathroom or a bed with anyone and can leave my towels on the floor and use every one of the pillows to make a little pillow fort around myself.
3) If I want to do nothing at all one day except lie on a chair and read my book, I don't have to feel like I'm putting anyone out or making anyone change their plans.
4) People start conversations and interact with me because I'm alone.

I adore traveling with my friends but I am also happily ok to be my own travel partner. Every day is a brand new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment