Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kathmandu

Yay! I can blog again. It was strange to not have access while in China. Something I did not expect.

I am in Kathmandu at my new friend Dolma's home, where Susie and I are staying. She is a friend of Dick Grace and is one of the kindest women I have ever met. She has a nice big home and a rug factory here. She used to run a kindergarten too, but had to put that on hold for a while. She has a beautiful little son named Tenzin who is a little older than Julian so I can get a little bit of the baby love I'm missing. He's adorable.

My first impression of Kathmandu was of being overwhelmed by the traffic, the noise, the people, the pollution. It's pretty crazy, but I am keeping myself open to everything and there is beauty all around.

We went to visit the Setchen Clinic today and it was a dream for me to see it in person. Dick and Beth both were instrumental in creating this free clinic for the people of Kathmandu and it is so well run, so clean and so full of love. It was wonderful to see my friends Manosh and Kiran who work there. I haven't seen them since they came to San Francisco earlier this year, when they were both honored at our Unsung Heroes event. It was great to see them in action and know that they truly are heroes. We were so giddy and happy to see each other.

We went to dinner with other friends, Dominique, Dr. Anil and some new friends and it was lovely. Now going to turn in before another big day tomorrow. We will visit another hospital and a school for disabled kids. My heart is so full from all that I have experienced on this trip. It's absolutely amazing. I dont know how I got so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment