Monday, October 5, 2009

The Wright Family

I'm so glad to be in Utah with my darling family. My mom and dad and brother Jeff picked me up from the airport. We all had a good visit on the hour drive to moms house. My sister and her wacky dog Coco were there. I haven't seem Teresa in over a year. She's closest to me in age out of my 5 siblings. We slept in the guest room in our old twin beds that my mom has had for a hundred years. (not literally but probably close).

On satuday the rest of the crew arrived. My daughter, her boyfriend Dylan, the amazing Julian (my grandson), sister Lisa, brother Mike, mom, dad, various nieces, nephews and friends. 13 of us in all.

We had a great time catching up, laughing at Mikes jokes and enjoying he and Jeffs bald heads, eating chili, chicken noodle soup, yummy bread, funeral potatoes ( for anyone who hasn't had funeral potatoes, they are the most comforting, delicious things ever). I am so lucky to have the family that I do. We are all supportive and sweet with each other and we really LIKE each other. That's pretty cool.

I got to spend some quality Grammy time with julian last night and tonight. He's getting so big and beautiful and curious about the world around him. I have always felt a special bond with him. We understand each other even though he's just over a year old.

Today my mom and sister and I got out some old quilt blocks that my grandma had made and that Lisa and mom made. They showed me some different ways of making quilts so I can show it to the women at the school in Calcutta who are making quilts out of recycled saris. I would love it if we can incorporate some of these ideas and quilt blocks into theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment