Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Austin Texas

I went to Austin last weekend with my friends Amber and Trieste. It was the SXSW Film Festival and Trieste's daughter, Trieste Kelly Dunn was in a film that premiered there.

I had never been to Austin before and was excited to be there. It was much as I had heard and imagined with would be: a very cool town with lots of great music and great food. Everyone seemed to be very kicked back and relaxed and there were lots of people in their 30's running around. Many of the young girls were wearing very short dresses and the highest hooker heels I've ever seen. It was like a contest to see who could wear the least clothing and get the most altitude on their shoes. I guess if I had the body and the balance, I would take advantage of it too. But they will learn later on how very important comfort is :)

We stayed at a friend of a friend's house outside of Austin. They were out of town and let us use their place which was pretty incredible. It had a nice pool and hot tub, a movie theatre, exercise room, many bedrooms and lots and lots of space. It was very kind of them to let us stay there.

It was so much fun to be with my friends again. We used to travel a lot together and haven't done it for many years. We stayed up late, drank a lot and laughed a whole lot. It was great and I'm happy to have such dear friends in my life. And I am so proud of Kelly. She is a wonderful actress and has worked really hard to get some great roles. It's great to see her progress. I'm sure there is nothing but great things to come for her. She'll be at the San Francisco International Film Festival next with this current film, Cold Weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment