Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Clinic, Roseanna and Olga's

It's Sunday pm here and all is well. I walked over to Shechen Clinic and had lunch with Manoj, Kiran and many of the staff. I also met Roseanna, who had just flown in from Seattle to begin a 3 month position as a staff acupuncturist. She's a wonderful woman, full of life and bubbling with enthusiasm. They are lucky to have her there.

I invited Roseanna to come with me to see Olga Murray's orphanage here in Kathmandu that I've heard so much about. We took a long taxi ride over to meet Som, the wonderful man who helps run the orphanage, and he took us up to J and K houses, as they are called. One for boys and one for girls. It is a lovely place, clean and peaceful and full of children and love. We spent about an hour there which was not nearly long enough. They are just beautiful children and I'm glad they have such a wonderful place to live and grow and thrive.

Our taxi ride back was pretty scary. There was a political demonstration about to start in the streets of Kathmandu and traffic was terrible and police where everywhere. It took over an hour to get back to our neighborhood and we went through some pretty wild places. I wasn't sure where we were going, and am so happy that Roseanna was with me. We made it back to Dolma's house and they took us in and fed us some nice dinner before Roseanna went by taxi back to the clinic. I'll go over and see her tomorrow and see if she has time to do a quick little acupuncture treatment for me. That will be nice.

Roseanna is a kindred spirit. Like me, she put all her stuff in storage, put her American life on hold to come to Nepal for 3 months and then will be going to India for a month. Maybe we'll connect again there.

No comments:

Post a Comment