Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sick and Tired

As my friend Ginny says, all travel has it's ups and downs. After so much up time, I am now experiencing a big downer. I have been feeling really good on this trip with no concerns, but things are catching up with me now. I have an awful cold and my head feels all dizzy and airy and I can't turn my head very fast. My eyes are dry and red and my throat is scratchy. I think all the Kathmandu dust, dirt and pollution is catching up with me. No wonder so many people cough and spit and are constantly sick here.

I'm at the monastery drinking honey ginger tea and listening to the sounds of the cafe and people talking outside. I am supposed to be going to the monkey temple today with Kiran's wife Sushilla and other friends but wondering if I should cancel everything and go to Dolma's and rest up for my flight tomorrow.

Roseanna and I went to Sunita's home for lunch yesterday and then for a very long trek up to a hillside monastery with Manoj and his wife Alice. It was my favorite monastery that I have visited so far and was so beautiful and peaceful there.

When we got back last night, I went to Kiran's home for dinner with is wife Sushilla and daughter. It was so nice but I wasn't feeling very well so was not very good company, I'm afraid. I couldn't eat much and Sushilla was very concerned that I didn't like the food she prepared. One of those social mishaps that's bound to happen in other cultures and countries I suppose....

1 comment:

  1. Hello friend,

    I'm trekking along with you (silently, it seems). I'm sorry you're feeling poorly...and I think you should definitely skip everything and lie low today. Sending all my love.

    --Minette

    ReplyDelete