Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thursday

Congrats to my friend Mary who won the vote for a place on the Orem City Council. She'll be great at it.

It's early Thursday morning. The monks are chanting, the incense is burning. That means it's almost time for breakfast.

I had a good day yesterday. Lunch at the clinic with our friend Lucy, an American woman who lives in Kathmandu. Went for a long walk/hike/trek with Manoj and Roseanna up to Kopan Monastery and the neighboring nunnery. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful view from on top of the hill. I love walking through the neighborhoods and seeing how people live.

I don't have much on the agenda today. A little shopping trip for some thank you gifts, maybe. Tomorrow I'll check in to the Shechen Monastery guest house for a couple of days. On Sunday I'll go for a short trek in the countryside with Lucy, which I'm really looking forward to. On Monday I'll fly to Calcutta. I'm glad I'm leaving on Monday because the local news station says that the Maoists are planning on shutting down the city and the airport with demonstrations on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment